We are very pleased to announce the 2019 summer studentship competition with awards offered in the amount of $5000 each for a 14-week term during the summer of 2019.
The following awards are available:
- Jeremy Ingham Cancer Research Studentship - We are extremely grateful to Jeremy Ingham whose generous donation has created the Jeremy Ingham Cancer Research Trust through the IWK Foundation. The Jeremy Ingham Cancer Research Studentship award will support a top-ranked candidate with plans to pursue a career in cancer research. Applications for research into pediatric cancers are encouraged. Jeremy’s generosity will allow this new award to be offered annually.
- DMRF Daley Award: Supporting advancements in normal and malignant lymphocytes, especially as related to chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- GivetoLive Marco and Christine Nottegar Cancer Research Studentship
- GivetoLive Erik Merchant Cancer Research Studentship
- GivetoLive Donald MacDougall Cancer Research Studentship
The competition is open to applicants across Atlantic Canada. Please note: Supervisors must be a Senior Scientist, Scientist or Associate Member of the Institute to apply.
The February 2019 competition is now closed. Thank you to those who applied.
The next competition will be announced in December 2019 with a deadline of 3 February 2020.
Please note: An Intent to Apply form must be received by the deadline (6 January 2020) in order to apply for an award. Studentship Applications received without an Intent to Apply form will not be reviewed.
For more information on this competition, please contact email@example.com
Zoe Breen, Biochemistry, Memorial University
Supervisor: Dr. Mani Larijani
Funding provided by the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute through the Canadian Cancer Society Carol Ann Cole Comfort Heart Summer Studentship for Breast Cancer Research
Lauren Fowlow, Biology, Acadia University
Supervisor: Dr. Melanie Coombs
Funding provided by the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute through the GIVETOLIVE Donald MacDougall Summer Studentship
Haley Glazebrook, Microbiology & Immunology, Dalhousie University
Supervisor: Dr. Jeanette Boudreau
Funding provided by the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute through the GIVETOLIVE Marco and Christene Nottegar Summer Studentship
Razan Al-Sharkawi, Pathology, Dalhousie University
Supervisor: Dr. Graham Dellaire
Funding provided by the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute through the Dalhousie Faculty of Medicine Harvey Graham Endowment
Ceileigh Weaver, Medical Sciences, Dalhousie University
Supervisor: Dr. Francesca Di Cara
Funding provided by the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute through the GIVETOLIVE Erik Merchant Summer Studentship
Jackson Weir, Biology, University of New Brunswick - Saint John
Supervisors: Dr. Tony Reiman and Dr. Stacy Grieve
Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute through the IWK Jeremy Ingham Summer Studentship and New Brunswick Health Research Foundation