Dalhousie Executive Council of BHCRI
The Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute is an Institute within Dalhousie University and is led by an Executive Council. The Council is responsible for:
- assessing and advising the BHCRI Management Advisory Council (MAC) on the financial stability of the Institute.
- legal obligations, including liability issues of the Institute.
- ensuring that the Institute adheres to Dalhousie rules and regulations.
- ensuring that BHCRI is fulfilling mandate requirements and executing activities as per its strategic plan.
with significant representation of all four Atlantic Provinces
Current members of the BHCRI Executive Council are:
- Dean of Medicine, Dalhousie University: Dr. David Anderson, Chair
- Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Health, Dalhousie University: Dr. Shaun Boe
- Dean of Graduate Studies, Dalhousie University: Dr. Marty Leonard
- VP Research and Innovation, Dalhousie University: Dr. Alice Aiken
- BHCRI Management Advisory Council Chair: Dr. Stephen Lewis
- BHCRI Scientific Director: Dr. Jeanette Boudreau
- Dean of Medicine, Memorial University: Dr. Margaret Steele