Dalhousie Executive Council of BHCRI
The Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute is an Institute within Dalhousie University and is led by an Executive Council. The Council is responsible for:
- assessing and advising the BHCRI Management Advisory Council (MAC) on the financial stability of the Institute.
- legal obligations, including liability issues of the Institute.
- ensuring that the Institute adheres to Dalhousie rules and regulations.
- ensuring that BHCRI is fulfilling mandate requirements and executing activities as per its strategic plan.
with significant representation of all four Atlantic Provinces
Current members of the BHCRI Executive Council are:
- Dean of Medicine, Dalhousie University: Dr. David Anderson, Chair
- Dean of Health, Dalhousie University: Dr. Cheryl Kozey
- Dean of Graduate Studies, Dalhousie University: Dr. Marty Leonard
- VP Research, Dalhousie University: Dr. Alice Aiken
- BHCRI Management Advisory Council Chair: Mr. Chris MacDougall
- BHCRI Scientific Director: Dr. Gerry Johnston
- Dean of Medicine, Memorial University: Dr. Margaret Steele