BHCRI Cancer Research Conference
The 2016 BHCRI/TFRI Cancer Research Conference in Atlantic Canada: Recent Advances in Cancer Research will be held on 7-8 November 2016 at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, 1515 South Park Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
This is a two-day event that offers trainees the opportunity to present their research via poster or platform presentations. Guest speakers include faculty from local universities as well as National experts in various aspects of cancer care and research.
Please view the program outline. This event is open to all researchers and students throughout Atlantic Canada undertaking cancer-related research. There is no registration fee.
For more information, registration and abstract submission, please follow the link: http://fourwav.es/bhcriconference
The deadline for abstracts is 4:00pm ADT 30 September. The deadline for registration is 4:00pm ADT October 24, 2016.
Please note that attendance is mandatory for CRTP-funded trainees.
For accepted abstracts, the required poster size is 4'x4'
Terry Fox Research Institute – Atlantic Node and the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute Trainee Travel Award 2016
2016 BHCRI/TFRI Cancer Research Conference in Atlantic Canada: Recent Advances in Cancer Research
Cancer Research Trainees in Atlantic Canada who are not part of the Cancer Research Training Program (CRTP) are invited to apply for one of ten travel awards in the amount of $500.00 each to support travel to the conference being held November 7-8, 2016 in Halifax.
Trainees must be a member of BHCRI in order to be eligible to apply. Membership applications may be submitted with the bursary application for approval: http://www.bhcri.ca/membership
To apply for the bursary, please download an application form
Completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2014 BHCRI/TFRI Cancer Research Conference on Monday 3 November and Tuesday 4 November.
This year's theme was: Child, Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer. Please view the program for more information.
Images from the 2014 Conference:
We would like to thank all of the volunteers who helped with the conference in any way – and hope that we haven’t missed anyone: Natasa, Derek, Krysta, Wasu, Andra, Eric, Ryan, Simon, Colin, Mo, Chungen, Vino and Ben. Special thanks to Anna Greenshields who served as photographer over the two days and to Moamen Bydoun for volunteering and for arranging for other volunteers to help us in a number of ways.
Congratulations to the winners of the poster and platform presentation awards:
- Dae-Gyun Ahn
- Henry Annan
- Niroshaathevi Arumuggam
- Craig Ayre
- Colin Brien
- Jason Harquail
- Logan Lawrence
- Chungen Pan
- Eric Pringle
- Nicholas Sajko
- Moamen Bydoun
Each recipient received a personalized plaque along with a $100.00 cash prize.
If you have not already done so, we hope that you will take a few minutes to complete a conference evaluation. The link may be found on the back inner cover of the conference booklet.
The Fourth Annual BHCRI Cancer Research Conference in Atlantic Canada was held on the 4 and 5 November 2012 at the Lord Nelson Hotel, South Park Street, Halifax
The theme was "Bridging Across Disciplines: Creating Innovative Approaches for Cancer Research in Atlantic Canada."
We are grateful to everyone who attended and supported the 4th Annual BHCRI Cancer Research Conference in Atlantic Canada. Thank you all!
Some of your comments were:
- I enjoyed the oral presentations and how they linked basic research scientists with clinicians and social/behavioral scientists. The conference was very organized and well-assembled.
- Very organized, all the events ran smoothly and there was very little discrepancy between the outlined schedule and the actual events. Interesting to get a global perspective on cancer research from sociological studies all the way to pure sciences.
- Enjoyed the ability to meet and interact with colleagues at other Atlantic institutions.
- Enjoyed the breadth of talks
- How broad the scope of the conference was. There were so many interestingposters and they varied greatly. It's nice to see all different kinds of researchbeing equally supported.
- Thank you to BHCRI for giving my research team a great opportunity for learning all about on-going cancer research in the Atlantic Canada. More importantly, it was the ideal place for net-working and identifying potential research collaborations.
- Thank you for the opportunity you provided for me to interact and meet so many great researchers and potential employers
- A great conference overall.
We wish to congratulate recipients of the various awards:
Poster Awards - Monday Evening Public Session
Poster Awards - Tuesday Session
Platform Award - Tuesday Session
Images from the 2012 Conference: