Smriti Srivastava, PhD (Medicinal Chemistry)
Supervisor:Dr. Amitabh Jha
Program of Study:Postdoctoral fellow
Project Title:Development of Novel Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators
Scholarships and/or Awards:
- Cancer Research Training Program Traineeship Award 2019.
- Best poster presentation award in an Indo-German Workshop, held at Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India (2017).
- ACCTI Young Scientist Award (http://accti.in/pdf/CNL-2017.pdf) in an International Conference ‘CARBO- XXXI’, held at University of Delhi, India (2016).
- Nature travel grant, Carl Storm International Diversity Fellowship and Delhi University Travel Grant to attend the Gordon Research Conference held at Rhode Island, USA (2015).
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship (2012-2014) and Senior Research Fellowship (2014-2016) by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Delhi, India (AIR: 45).
Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide. Among all forms of cancer, breast cancer is one of the most prominent found in women. I want to work toward a better understanding of cancer so that I will be able to contribute to cancer research. I am keen to design, synthesize and bio-evaluate the organic molecules, aiming to identify a preclinical candidate for treatment of breast cancer. My long-term goal is to pursue a career in either academics or the pharmaceutical industry.
S. Srivastava, V. K Maikhuri, R. Kumar, H. Singla, K. Bohra, J. Maity, A. K Prasad. Carbohydrate Research, 2018, 470, 19-25.
S. Srivastava, D. Bimal, K. Bohra, B. Rathi, R. Jain, P. Poonan, J. Maity, M. Basil, M. Thirumal, A. K Prasad. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2018, 150, 268.
Srivastava and A. K Prasad. Conference Proceedings published in National Conference on Innovations in Sciences and Emerging Challenges in Health and Environment (NSHE-2018) with ISBN No. 9788192981246, 2018.
S. Srivastava, V. K. Maikhuri, D. Mathur, A. K. Prasad. Review Article, IGC Conference Proceedings, Green Chemistry in Environmental Sustainability and Chemical Education. 2018, Springer, 978-981-10-8389-1, 442821-1-En (16).
J. Maity, S. Srivastava, R. Stormberg, A. K. Prasad. Current Protocols in Nucleic Acid Chemistry 2016, 68, 1.39.
V. Kumar, D. Mathur, S. Srivastava, S. Malhotra, N. Rana, S. K. Singh, B. K. Singh, A. K. Prasad, A. J. Varma, C. Len, R. C. Kuhad, R. K. Saxena, V. S. Parmar. Molecules 2016, 21, 1499.
N. Phougata, A. K. Chhillar, A. K. Prasad, N. N. Senapati, S. Khatri, M. Kumar, S. Srivastava, R. Dabur. Combinatorial Chemistry & High Throughput Screening 2016, 19, 489-496.
S. Srivastava, S. K Singh, V. K. Sharma, P. Mangla, C. E. Olsen, Ashok K Prasad. Nucleosides, Nucleotides and Nucleic Acids 2015, 34, 388-399.
N-Asl, N. Aggarwal, S. Srivastava, V. S. Parmar, A. K. Prasad, R. Miri, L. Saso, O. Firuzi. Medicinal Chemistry Research 2015, 24, 3230-3241.
K. Bohra, S. Srivastava, C. E. Olsen, A. K. Prasad. Trends in Carbohydrate Research 2014, 6, 27-32.