The spring 2021 Cancer Research Training Program funding competition is now open.
Twice each year the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute holds a funding competition as part of its Cancer Research Training Program (CRTP). The CRTP has a curriculum that provides training and funding to graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and clinical research fellows involved in cancer research training at recognized institutions in Atlantic Canada. A limited number of traineeship awards will be offered to outstanding applicants with an interest in cancer research. Supervisors must be Scientists, Senior Scientists or Associate Members of BHCRI to apply.
Funding for these awards has been made available from a variety of sources. For the spring 2021 competition, the following are available:
- Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation – supporting applicants at Dalhousie University and its affiliated health centres
- New Brunswick Health Research Foundation – supporting applicants in New Brunswick-based institutions. * Recommendations from BHCRI’s Scientific Review Committee will be forwarded to NBHRF
- QEII Foundation – supporting applicants in Nova Scotia
- Marathon of Hope Atlantic Cancer Consortium – supporting applicants in Atlantic Canada in Precision Medicine
- Saunders Matthey Cancer Prevention Foundation – supporting applicants at Dalhousie University and its affiliated health centres for cancer prevention or breast cancer research
An Intent to Apply form is due by 4pm AST on 4 March 2021. The Intent to Apply is to provide notification of a forthcoming award application and assists BHCRI in ensuring appropriate expertise on the Scientific Review Panels. It does not determine eligibility.
Please Note: An Intent to Apply form must be received by the deadline of 4pm AST on 4 March 2021 in order to apply for an award. CRTP Applications received without an Intent to Apply form will not be reviewed.
For questions, please contact: email@example.com