We are pleased to announce the spring 2015 Cancer Research Training Program funding competition through the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute.
The CRTP has a curriculum that provides training and funding to graduate students, medical residents, postdoctoral fellows and clinical research fellows involved in cancer research at recognized institutions in Atlantic Canada. A limited number of Traineeship Awards will be offered to outstanding applicants with an interest in cancer research. Supervisors must be Senior Scientist, Associate Members or Honorary Members (qualifying as a Senior Scientist or Associate Member) of the Institute.
In addition to funds provided by the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute, the Terry Fox Research Institute (TFRI) and the Strategic Training Initiative in Health Research (STIHR), funds will also be provided by:
- The Breast Cancer Society of Canada – cancer research trainees in Atlantic Canada working on breast cancer research are eligible to apply.
- Dalhousie University, as part of their Bold Ambitions: Campaign for Dalhousie plan, from the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)-to support PhD and MSc students in their final years of study at Dalhousie University.
- Craig’s Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society - for the top-ranked applicant undertaking pancreatic cancer research in Atlantic Canada.
- Motorcycle Ride for Dad - Nova Scotia Chapter - cancer research trainees in Atlantic Canada working on prostate cancer research are eligible to apply.
- The Saunders-Matthey Traineeship for Cancer Prevention Research - funds for these awards are provided by the Saunders-Matthey Cancer Prevention Foundation through Dalhousie University and are administered jointly by Dalhousie University and the BHCRI. Cancer research trainees in Atlantic Canada undertaking research in the area of primary cancer prevention are eligible to apply. The proposed work may contain aspects of education and/or knowledge dissemination. A focus on environmental factors will be welcomed.
The deadline for submission is 4:00pm AST on Monday, March 2, 2015.
Funding will begin on September 1, 2015.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://bhcri.ca/traineeship-application-package