Supervisor:Dr. Kensuke Hirasawa
Program of Study:Postdoctoral Fellow, BioMedical Sciences
Project Title:Targeting Cancer Stem Cells with Photodynamic Therapy
Scholarships and/or Awards:
- Cancer Research Training Program Award Jan 2016 — Dec 2017
- Mie University Graduate School of Medicine Research Fellowship: Oct 2014 - Jun 2015
- International Symposium on Bioengineering Research and Education Travel Scholarship: August 2014
- Mie University Graduate School of Medicine Graduate Student Scholarship: Oct 2010 – Sep 2014
- Outstanding student award (2007); Dayananda Sagar Institutions, Department of Post Graduate Studies, Bangalore University.
Vipin wishes to work in an academic laboratory, focusing his research on various aspects of carcinogenesis, cancer development and cancer treatment. He is also particularly interested in studying the role of the tumor microenvironment in cancer development and metastasis and wishes to take part in undergraduate and graduate training programs at universities.
Location:Memorial University of Newfoundland
Mesenchymal Stromal Cell secretome up-regulates 47 kDa CXCR4 expression, and initiates bone marrow metastasis in neuroblastoma; Shankar V, Hori H, et.al; PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16;10(3):e0120069; doi:10.137/journal.pone.0120069. eCollectcion 2015.
Heterogeneity of neuroblastoma cell lines in insulin-like growth factor I receptor/Akt pathway mediated cell proliferative responses; Qi L. Shankar V, et. al; Cancer Sci. 2013 Sep; 104(9): 1162-71