Ideas for Experiential Opportunities:
- Speaking on behalf of a cancer-related not for profit organization
- Volunteering to be on a Committee such as the BHCRI Training Committee
- In the case of Postdoctoral Fellows, volunteering to be part of a Scientific Review Committee
- Volunteering to raise funds for a cancer-related not for profit i.e. Molly Appeal, Terry Fox Foundation, Relay for Life, etc.
- Any cancer-related volunteer work
- Volunteering through the IWK with children in the cancer ward. This involves an application through the IWK to be accepted for the program.
This is not intended to take up a lot of time but is a way to give back to the organizations that support CRTP. For trainees with children, participating in a fundraising activity like the Terry Fox Run would be a great way to help without causing time away from family.
Some suggested events or groups to support are:
Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation Molly Appeal Team: The Scotiabank Bluenose Marathon Weekend: http://bluenosemarathon.com/
The Terry Fox Run: www.terryfox.org
The QEII Foundation Ride for Cancer: http://qe2foundation.ca/events/YourRideForCancer
CIBC Run for the Cure: http://cibcrunforthecure.supportcbcf.com/site/PageServer?pagename=2017_home
The Canadian Cancer Society Relay for Life: www.cancer.ca
Craig’s Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society: http://www.craigscause.ca/
Ovarian Cancer Canada: www.ovariancancerwalkofhope.ca
If you know of other cancer-related events to add to the list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org