BHCRI Cancer Research Workshop
The cancer research workshop was developed to enhance the training of cancer research trainees, although the presentations may be of interest to anyone in the field of cancer research. The guest speakers, representing various areas of cancer research, have been chosen for their expertise on the topic.
Save the Date for 2019: Friday 24 May
Further information will be posted as it becomes available.
The BHCRI/TFRI Workshop was held May 25, 2018 from 8:30am-5:15pm ADT in Room C170, main floor of the Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB). This was a Joint Workshop for the Terry Fox Research Institute Atlantic Node and the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute.
Please view the program and the poster
The Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute and the Terry Fox Research Institute would like to thank everyone who presented at the 2018 BHCRI/TFRI Workshop The Many Ways to Science on 25 May in Halifax as well as everyone who attended.
Special thanks to:
- The Organizing Committee: Vinothkumar Rajan (Chair), Marie-Laurence Tremblay, Sally Miller, Lucas Jarche, Mohammad Sultan and Dr Sherri Christian, who also moderated the event. This group planned the program, invited the speakers, prepared the bingo game and worked very hard to ensure that the day ran smoothly.
- Event volunteers: Sally Miller and Marie-Laurence Tremblay (registration), Lucas Jarche (poster), Marie-Laurence Tremblay (timing) and Mahdi Asgharpour
- Social Media coverage: Krysta Coyle
- All speakers: Dr. Shauna Dauphinee, Dr. Jennifer Corcoran, Dr. Cathy Sorbara, Dr. Andrew Stadnyk, Dr. Alejandro Cohen, and Dr. Jason Berman.
- The seventeen three-minute science elevator pitch participants, who did a great job!
Congratulations to the Elevator Pitch winners:
First Place: Namit Holay
Second Place: Wasundara Fernando
Third Place: Brianne Cruickshank
Bingo Prize Draw Winners:
Thank you to the following prize donors:
Books were donated by:
The Dalhousie University Bookstore
The Memorial University Bookstore
Dr. Gerry Johnston
Dr. Sherri Christian
A gift card in the amount of $30.00 was donated by The Bookmark in Halifax.
Thanks again for participating and we hope to see you next year!
Thank you to everyone who presented and attended the 2017 BHCRI/TFRI Workshop entitled Research and Collaboration in Oncology, which was held on May 26 from 8:30am-5:00pm ADT in Room C170, main floor of the Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB). This was a Joint Workshop for the Terry Fox Research Institute Atlantic Node and the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute. Please view the program
Special thanks to:
• The organizing committee: Moamen Bydoun, Helmi Alfarra, Thomas Huynh, Perri Tutelman and Dr Sherri Christian, who also moderated the event
• The volunteers: Ryan Collins and Rachel Kampen (registration), Hayden Nix and Simon Gebremeskel (timing) and Krysta Coyle for providing the social media coverage!
• The twenty-six slide blitz participants, who did a great job!
Congratulations to the following slide blitz award recipients:
Tied for first place:
Livia Anthes, Pathology, Dalhousie University (Supervisor: Dr. Graham Dellaire)
Corey Filiaggi, Pathology, Dalhousie University (Supervisor: Jason Berman)
Tied for second place:
Madumani Amararathna, Plant, Food and Environmental Sciences (Supervisor: Vasantha Rupasinghe), Dalhousie University
Vinothkumar Rajan, Microbiology and Immunology, Dalhousie University (Supervisor: Jason Berman)
Meg Thomas, Pathology, Dalhousie University (Supervisor: Paola Marcato)
Thanks again for participating and hope to see you next year!
Thank you to everyone who presented and attended the 2016 Atlantic‐Quebec Workshop for Next‐Gen Cancer Researchers: A Joint Workshop for the Terry Fox Research Institute Quebec and Atlantic Nodes, the Quebec Cancer Research Network and the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute on 26-27 May at the CRCHUM in Montreal! Please view the program.
The 2015 BHCRI/TFRI Cancer Research Workshop was held from 9:00-5:00 on Wednesday, May 6 in the Main Auditorium, Health Science Centre, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns. This years theme: Technology, Omics and Big Data Integration. Please view the program
Thank you to all those who participated and attended!
The 2014 BHCRI/TFRI Cancer Workshop Multiuser Core Facilities for Cancer Research in the Atlantic Region was held on Monday, May 26, 2014 in Theatre B, Tupper Link, 5850 College Street, Halifax.
Please view the program.
We would like to thank the presenters and attendees for participating in this event!
The BHCRI/TFRI Cancer Workshop " Building Cancer Capacity: The CIHR/TFRI STIHR Programs" was held on Monday, May 27, 2013 in Moncton, NB. Please view the Program
Thank you to the presenters and everyone who attended!
The BHCRI would like to thank the presenters and attendees for participating in The 2012 BHCRI Cancer Workshop Medical Imaging in Oncology: Clinical and Research Applications!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 902-494-8970.